The Garden Club

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Lithograph



I know M.C. Escher had many famous and beautiful drawings, many things that had repeating lines and many right angles. Prints such as "Relativity" and "Drawing Hands" gained notoriety for their ability to confuse the viewer's eyes and brain. What I did not know was that he cut many of the images out of wood to make the prints, thus all the lines and "rhythmic repetition". I love how fractal and diminishing many of his works appear, and anything as symmetrically complicated as "Circle limit 1" and "Square limit" blows my freakin mind. However, I think this picture to the left is my favorite. It is called "fluorescent sea" and is the most simple and beautiful rendition of the ocean I have seen. Check out the big dipper star pattern in the sky. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this as much as I do and have a great, great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home