The Garden Club

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Buckets of Rain

I've been meek and hard like an oak
I've seen pretty people disappear like smoke
Friends will arrive, friends will disappear
If you want me, honey, baby, I'll be here.

Not many things in life bring a smile to my face like picking out the Dylan song "Buckets of Rain" from Blood on the Tracks. Most people probably know Dylan for writing about the world around him as he did in all his early albums. He made this record after his wife Sara split, and it is simple brilliance. Most of the songs are played in open E tuning, which means if you strum all the open strings, it makes an E chord. Dylan usually allows at least one string to remain open so that it rings throughout song, and rarely uses more than three chords throughout. This is also the jewel of my vinyl collection.

Life is sad, life is a bust
All you can do is do what you must
You do what you must do and you do it well
I'd do it for you, honey baby, cant' you tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home