The Garden Club

Sunday, January 17, 2010

aquarium

cleaned my aquarium today. I am writing this just so I can kept track. I took of the in tank filtration system and cleaned it with a toothbrush, along with the CO2 diffuser. I then scraped the algae of the back of the tank. I also did a 1/3 water change. I moved the sword plant that I thought was dead to the left side of the tank. It was in fact not dead but not doing great. I trimmed down the red sword a lot along with the stem plants and planted the top of several of them throughout the back and right of the tank. Cleaned the sub filter with new carbon and new filter pad. Adjusted the CO2 levels and changed the CO2 indicator. Wiped off light, top, and tank. I can see the java ferns making little O2 bubbles from here! Also, saw one ghost shrimp, which I had not seen in a few days and figured The Bandit got to all them. I am not sure what I am going to do with the dwarf grass, half of it is green, but half is brown. Got the CO2 tank refilled two weeks ago.

Things I want to do:
take pictures
cut out the brown dwarf grass
I could move the red sword to the front, then use stem plants throughout the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home