The Garden Club

Monday, September 20, 2010

Someplace to stand

We are currently getting our hardwood floors finished. This requires us not to walk on the floors, which include our living room, the upstairs hallway, and the steps that lead up upstairs. Over the past week we have had to live in our basement to avoid messing up the floor guy's work, which at this point looks pretty good. As a result I am tired due to sleeping on an air mattress and frustrated from not being allowed in my own rec room and bedroom. It will be worth it though.
Last weekend I decided to tear up my kitchen floor that consisted on linolium ontop of three layers of plywood only to find two more layers of tiles, which may or may not be asbestos. The plywood was glued together and nailed using some sort of nail thing I have never seen. This nail things would not come out using a hammer or pry bar. I had to use plyers to gradually work each nail thing out resulting in both my hands blistering with open wounds and me not being able to fully open my hands for about two days. Not a good idea for a chiropractor. It took me 11 hours on Sunday and several hours past that just to get the plywood and nails up. Now we are not sure what to do next. My buddy Dan says we should leave the tiles and just put Pergo down over them, but I want to tear up the tiles in the kitchen and the Parkay floor in the dinning room so that the new floor will be even with the foyer floor. Calling Bob Vila, Bob Vila to my house please. Why can Holmes on Homes just show up and finish this mess for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home