The Garden Club

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My night Shamalon

I've been all bummed out lately about not having any free time, translating into me not playing my guitar, me not reading, and me not chatting to you nice people. Pretty sad I guess, but I always try to make extra time out of my evenings. Take tonight for example. I got done with my last patient at 7:00, worked out to about 7:45, came home and showered, then ate a great dinner of turkey meatloaf, string beans, and mashed potatoes. We went down to the Merchantville Diner to get the potatoes, and they were delicious. Actually the entire dinner was amazing, even topped in off with a Yuengling and a few fresh home made oatmeal cookies from my mom.

After after dinner festivities, I went into my room to start the daily routine of picking out an outfit for tomorrow, ironed, gathered the combo socks-underwear-tee shirt, and found the right tie to match everything. I usually dislike this task very much, in fact I usually yell at the iron for at least two minutes before cursing our mere existence over the fact I have wrinkly slacks. Tonight, however, I found my old "Who's Next" by The Who album and played it. It rocks something awesome, but I get somewhat board listening to it. After "bargain" I realized the reason I don't listen to this album on a regular basis is because every song on the entire album is played relentlessly by 102.9 and various car commercials. "Baba O'Reily" (also known to everyone as "Teenage Waistland"), "Won't get Fooled Again", "Behind Blue Eye", and "Goin Mobile" are definitely overplayed and have ruined the one song I like the most, "My Wife".

Being highly inspired, I grabbed my axe and jotted down some hard and heavy, I don't remember exactly but I think it was in C. My fingers were flying tonight, I think I am steadily improving again. Practice makes better and better. I must of played for over an hour before my dog started freaking out and forcing me to play with her.

Sofee likes to play tug and throw, but only for so long and pretty soon I was left retrieving that rope-toy thing myself. Bummer. What else was there to do but start reading The Lord of The Rings. Forced by boredom, I grabbed that book from the shelf and proceeded to read about thirty pages of "The Two Towers". I have read The Hobbit and The Fellowship a few years before in 2001. I know this because there was a coupon for razors left as the bookmark. It expired in 2001.

And here I am telling everyone about my night. It was a good one, a great one, and now I get to go sleep next my lovely Rachelle. I can't wait anymore.

Goodnight

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger The Duba said...

    Dude sounds like you had a great night. I just wrote a blog pertaining to a rapidly growing yet highly unpublicized threat that the world will need to handle that is bigger than tsunamis, bigger than hurricanes, and bigger than war. Seriously. It is imperative for you and all your readers to read it at www.theduba.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home