The Garden Club

Sunday, March 19, 2006

What I did over my weekend vacation

So I spent all weekend at a business seminar. I was pretty useful, but I suppose I won't be able to tell how great it was until I apply some of the things I learned into my practice this week. The main point of the class was learning how to communicate better with your patients. They teach that everyone has a "tone scale" from enthusiasm, which is a 4.0 to death, which is a 0.0. Everybody falls into the scale at some point. Example...0.05 is apathy, meaning that person has no hope and everything sucks...2.0 is conservatism, which is good cause anything over 2.0 is best. When we interact with someone, we first have to pick out their tone, then match their tone. Yes, this is scientology, but I think I heard of this before scientology. If anyone knows what the name of this technique is, let me know. Anyway, apparently people respond better if you talk to them on their tone...example, if someone is a 1.0 (anger), then you wouldn't want to be a 4.0 cause your just going to turn them off. It makes sense I suppose. The teachers said they can pick up on someone's tone immediately and respone accordingly, but only after a lot of practice.
They are now going to try and sell me the entire course for $12,000, yes $12,000. They pretty much guarentee you that you will double your income after 4 weeks and that every client they have had so far is doing great. I met two docs who were making about $50,000 a year, and are now on pace to make $400,000 this year. Anyway, its something to consider down the line cause even if I double my income now, twice of 0 is still 0.

Oh well, I love life and all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home