The Garden Club

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Why teaching is a great job

After only six months of working it has become obvious to me that teachers have the best jobs. There are several reasons for this:

1. Summers off- Man I missed having this summer off. Number of times I made it to the beach this year-one. One time. If I were a teacher I think I may spend days just sitting in the sun. I would relearn how to surf and maybe even start fishing. I would also consume a lot more margarettas.

2. Your day is over by 3:00ish- currently I am working 8 to noon and 3 to 8 at night. I have to have lunches off cause no one comes in at lunch time. It sucks. I go home, eat dinner, and get ready for the next day. If I were done by 3:00 I think I might read every single book ever written. I would go on long walks with my dog and play my guitar to redeveloped my skills.

3. You can coach a sport if you want- I would love to coach the throwing events at a high school, but there is no way I will be able to take off two to three hours in the afternoon. I also miss being part of a team.

4. There is always an end- It seems one of the things I miss is an end date, a day to look forward to. Summer vacation, a week off at Christmas, spring break...all those "last day before" days.

5. Field Trips- what, I get to go to the Franklin institute and White's Bog..Freakin' Sweet!!! I know I could go by myself on the weekend, but it just seems like it would be a lot more fun with 100 screaming kids (that may get old real quick).

I know there are a ton of downsides to teaching such as stupid kids, smelly kids, jerk ass kids, fat kids, and chalk dust but looking at it as an outsider, it seems like a pretty good gig.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    whatever happen to a blog about our adventures on crotched mountain? although i agree about the bein a teacher thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home