The Garden Club

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

BLUE


I finally found a copy of Joni Mitchell's "Blue" on vinyl. My uncle Steve has a bunch of great LPs, and he let me borrow it, so even though I don't own it, its great to have if only for a little while. Joni Mitchell is great to listen to on vinyl, she sings like an angel, plays crazy tuned guitars and dulcimers, and for some reason, those little inevitable pops and the constant hum of the record player motor fits with the sad tone she puts down. It really is a very sad album, one of the saddist, and would be ranked up there with Blood on the Tracks and Time out of Mind by Dylan, and Beck's Sea Change.

Oh you are in my blood like holy wine
Oh and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you
I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Oh Id still be on my feet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home