The Garden Club

Friday, June 23, 2006

Energy as Mass

E=MCsquared is the equation Einstein figured out, obviously. But what does it mean and how did he figure this out. From what I understand in my totally limited knowledge is that this equation states that mass and energy are the samed thing, only mass is 89,875,517,873,681,764 (the speed of light squared) times larger than an equal amount of energy. WHAT!!! That's crazy! So this stapeler sitting on my desk is just a lot of energy!?! And apparently if I could get the energy out of this stapeler, it would be so much energy that it would be like a huge bomb. It's hard to grasp, I mean, okay I understand what it is saying, but its rediculous.

So...we are nothing but energy and energy is the same as us.

Awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home