The Garden Club

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'm on to you Adam Sandler

I saw a preview for the new Adam Sandler movie "Click" the other day, and it seemed somewhat familiar, stupid, but familiar. From what I gathered from the preview, somehow Sandler's character has a remote control that can speed up or slow down time. I swore I have seen a movie just like this but I could not place it...where have I seen this before?



Oh, thats right, it was a DuckTales episode. I remember...Gyro made a watch that could speed up and slow down time, much to the liking of Uncle Scrooge and his three nephews (Hewey, Dewey, and Lewey?) I think the Beagle Boys steal the watch and wackiness follows, but I'm sure the problem was resolved in the end. The episode was called "Time Teasers", and like all DuckTales episodes, was awsome. (by the way, the DuckTales video game was also great, and is the first game I remember having difficulty settings)

So Adam Sandler, now your stealing ideas from Disney, you unorigional fraud. But then I thought something else seemed a little out of place. I am sure the idea of time warping has been around for all of human imagination, but I thought I had seen this concept somewhere else too.

Oh, thats right, "Out of Control" with Dave Coulier. He had some sort of lever that could speed up time, and kids would write in and ask him to speed up their chores. Dave would pull the lever and we would see some kid getting his hair cut or cleaning his room in super fast speed with super fast music. Man, that was histerical! I wish I had a time faster upper lever.


I think I am going to make a movie, and instead of a remote control, watch, or lever, I am going to have a special magical carthat can speed up and slow down using the accelarator and brake, and I can fly through time or make everything around me go really slow. I'll call the movie "Hey Adam Sandler, YOU SUCK and I have a time car".



Man, I watched a lot of television as a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home