The Garden Club

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nightmares, Come True!

In case you don't know, I do not like robots, not at all. There is a post somewhere down there about why I don't like robots, but I don't feel like looking for it right now.
This link is my worst fears realized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPplpBPQxQ&feature=player_embedded


Fact,
GPS systems do not work while I am in the car.

Case one, in Landis's BMW up in the Poconos for his bacholar party. We were driving to the paint ball corse when we drove right past the road. I figured it was because we were in the woods and there was no reception. Landis seemed to be a little confused and said he never really had a problem with the thing before.

Case two, Sarah and Rob, and Jake driving home from Philly after the 4th of July parade. First, the thing, which they had a name for but I can't recall right now, and seemed like one of their family, could not find the car. We were in a parking garage so this made since. Then even when we were out on the streets of Philadelphia the GPS was like, "can not locate car...beep beep beep beep."

Case three, Donna our real estate agent getting lost when trying to find houses to look at. Us driving around, not knowing where we were going and nervous about finding a new home. Donna, going "I don't know what is wrong with this thing, it has always worked fine." Sorry Donna, it was my fault.

Case four, while helping Dr. Dan move last weekend we ended up driving a U-haul truck full of Dr. Dan's stuff all the way up the Roosevelt Blvd., then toward but not across the Tacony-Palmyra bridge, onto 95 South, then all the way to Girrard St. to get to Northern Liberties. After about one hour, for what should have taken 25 minutes, and through 110 degree heat, we arrived. I was in the passenger seat, and I knew it was going to happen. I felt bad, but come on, there is no way that a GPS would not work in the middle of the city. About 10 minutes up Route 1 the thing goes "turn around, turn around". It never said make a turn and I don't know if it missed it or never knew where it was going in the first place. Dr. Dan thought he knew where he was going. He did not.

Case five, down in S. Carolina, Mitch driving is Audi and using his phone GPS. We were looking for a restaurant, and got no where near it until I saw a good old fashioned billboard sign. We were there in 5 minutes after that.

There are other incidences that I don't specifically recall, but for your own sake try to know where you are going if you find yourself in a car with me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home