The Garden Club

Friday, April 16, 2010

"It's a lazy L"

I drove up I-95 yesterday to meet with the pool inspector, who was not there. Instead the seller of the house was there, and she showed me the pool. She told me she had swam in that pool all throughout her childhood and how, when it is clean, it sparkles with the sunlight. She said her mom had designed it and that it was called a lazy L. She was so happy to show me the open pool, until I told her that I did not come to see the open pool, I came to see the pool opening so that I could ask questions and make sure they were doing everything correctly.

She did not like this and immediately put herself on guard. Maybe she thought it was offensive that I did not trust the company she hired. Maybe she thought that I thought she was trying to hide something. I don't know. She could not even give me the number of the pool company, but told me I would be getting certificates that the pool and all its parts are functional at closing.

I end up on the phone with my real estate agent, telling her what a waist of time all this was. The agent wanted to talk to the seller, so I give that lady my phone and the two of them start yelling at each other. I don't really like confrontation, so I just stood there and figured on how I could trim down some branches without having the branches fall into the pool.

Before I left the seller starts raising her voice to me about how mean my agent was. She was almost in tears. I half wanted to yell back at her and half wanted to hug her. I ended up just walking away without saying anything.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM , Blogger Mrs. Robinson said...

    One more week and there will be no buyers vs. sellers. And the Lazy L will be all ours!! (I will no be referring to the pool as the "lazy L" from now on...meet me at the lazy L for cocktails at 5. sounds so lovely)

    ps. waste not waist. I think you've had this problem b/f doc (wink)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home